All hotels listed below are within walking distance from Soda Hall. The walk from the French Hotel is slightly longer. The walk from the Nash and the Shattuck is uphill, while the walk from the others is fairly plane.
When you look at the maps, recall that Soda Hall is on the North-East side of campus, at the corner of Hearst and LeRoy.
- The Durant Hotel (see map) is on the South side of the campus. The walk from the Bancroft Hotel to Soda Hall is through the campus and very pleasant. Ask for the UC Berkeley discount rate. The price should be around $130 per night.
2600 Durant Avenue
- The Berkeley City Club is near the Durant Hotel, one block further away from Soda Hall. It has an indoor pool. The price is around $150 per night.
Berkeley City Club
2315 Durant Ave. Berkeley, CA94704
- The Beau Sky Hotel is near the City Club and the Durant. The price is around $100 per night.
Beau Sky Hotel
2520 Durant Ave.
- The Bancroft Hotel (see map) is also on the South side of campus, next to the famous Cafe Strada. There is a UC Berkeley discount. The price should be around $120 per night.
Bancroft Hotel 2680 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
- The Shattuck Hotel (see map) is on the West side of campus, near the BART, several theaters and restaurants.
2086 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
- The French Hotel (see map) is quite rustic (or, some would say, "charming"), and has only a very few rooms. It is across the street from Chez Panisse and Cesar and next door to the Cheeseboard. The price is around $100 per night.
The French Hotel
1538 Shattuck Ave.
Berkeley, CA. 94709
- The Nash Hotel is a very cheap (as low as $40 per night) and is on the West side of campus, near the BART station and several movie theaters and restaurants. Ask for the student/scholar discount.
The Nash Hotel
2045 University Ave.