This is an old revision of the document!
Email : email@example.com
Phone : + 33 6 07 91 01 41
ORCID ID : 0000-0001-6294-1162 – (http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6294-1162)
2007-2018 : Ecole Centrale de Lille, Cité Scientifique, CS 20048, 59651 VILLENEUVE D'ASCQ CEDEX, France
My research activities focus on the adaptation of Knowledge Engineering techniques to improve the interoperability of the I nternational Standards used to manage information exchanges in industry. This is facilitated by representations based on on tologies. I have worked and continue to work as an expert for various standardisation bodies – at the International level (ISO) ; at t he European level (CEN/CENELEC) ; at the French level (AFNOR). Specifically in the domain of industrial data my contributio n has been focused on the development of new standards as well as the management and follow-up of existing standards. All t hose standards need of course to be both consistent and interoperable between each of them and developed in accordance with the rules provided by the Standardisation Bodies.
An important facet of my research work has therefore been directed towards the development of international standards built on :
– requirements stemming from both industrial needs and Knowledge Engineering-based approaches,
- use of information extraction and semantic annotation techniques based on ontologies.
The experience I have gained as an expert and a convenor in the various standardisation committees has enabled me to both u nderstand and highlight the problems related to the specificity (and the complexity) of the whole standardisation process. This has given me an insight into the extent to which KE-based approaches could be applied particularly to standards drafti ng as such.
In practical terms this could be achieved notably through the development of ontologies corresponding to the competency dom ains of the technical standards considered. To be effective, this would need the use of alignment techniques of the differe nt ontologies :
- domain ontologies,
- specific ontologies.
Other applications of my research field, in relation to ontology engineering include :
- smart grids,
- reference architectures,
- reference models,
- semantic integration,
- semantic frameworks and their application to the representation of information and knowledge related to standardisation a nd standards (standards roadmaps).
- Member : TITAN (http://www.titan.be/en/asbl-about.html)
- Member : EURAS (http://www.euras.org)
- Member : CODATA France (http://www.codata-france.org/)
- Member : ADELI, France (http://www.adeli.org)
- Member : EuroCRIS (http://www.eurocris.org)
- Member : APK (http://www.apkweb.org/)
- Member : ADELI (https://espaces-numeriques.org/)
- Convenor : ISO TC 184/SC4-SC5 JWG8 (Manufacturing Management data) : https://www.iso.org/committee/54158.html
- Expert and member : ISO TC 184/SC4 International Technical Committee (industrial data) : https://www.iso.org/committee/54 158.html
- Expert and member : ISO TC 184 / SC5 WG10 (Evaluation of energy efficiency and other relevant factors of a manufacturing system with respect to its environmental influence) : https://www.iso.org/committee/54192.html
- Expert and member : ISO/IEC Smart Manufacturing Standards Map Task Force
- Member : IEC SyC Smart Energy (JWG3, WG5 and WG6) : http://www.iec.ch/dyn/www/f?p=103:186:22535867312408::::FSP_ORG_ID,FS P_LANG_ID:11825,25
- Member : IEC SyC Smart Manufacturing OF1 : https://www.iec.ch/dyn/www/f?p=103:186:0::::FSP_ORG_ID:22328
- Expert and member : CEN TC 310 (Advanced automation technologies and their applications) European technical committee http://standards.cen.eu/dyn/www/f?p=204:7:0::::FSP_ORG_ID:6291&cs=1FB8DE3E2415169C5A629164496F80A52
- Member : ISO-IEC-ITU-UN/ECE MoU/MG (Memorandum of Understanding Management Group)
- Expert and member : AFNOR CP IDMI (Ingénierie des données et des modèles pour l'industrie) standardization committee : https :norminfo.afnor.org/structure/afnorcp-idmi/ingenierie-des-donnees-et-des-modeles-pour-lindustrie/3310 - Expert and member : AFNOR CN INFOGEO (Informations géographiques - systèmes géodésiques) standardization committee : https: norminfo.afnor.org/structure/afnorcn-info-geo/informations-geographiques-systemes-geodesiques/69126
- Expert and member : AFNOR UF ASGIEE (Approche Systèmes de la Gestion Intelligente de l'Energie Electrique) standardization committee : https://norminfo.afnor.org/structure/afnoruf-asgiee/approche-systemes-de-la-gestion-intelligente-de-lenergie-e lectrique/117772
- Guest speaker : MANUFUTURE 2015
FLEXINET is a European Union Seventh Framework Programme FP7-2013-NMP-ICT-FOF (RTD) project funded under grant agreement no 608627, which started on 1 July 2013 and runs until the end of June 2016. The project is investigating the feasibility of providing software services to support decision makers in configuration and especially rapid reconfiguration of Global Prod uction Networks.
Some recent publications
- Agency or structure in institutional work ; a case of standard drafting in an international standardization body Mione A., Cutting-Decelle A.F., Barraud J.L., XXVIIIe conférence de l’AIMS, Dakar, 2019
- Extraction of technical information from normative documents using automated methods based on ontologies : application to the ISO 15531 MANDATE standard – Methodology and first results A.F. Cutting-Decelle, J.L. Barraud, G.I. Magnan, A. Digeon, R.I. Young, P. Lamboley, 2018, ArXiv e-prints, 2018-06 | journa l-article – ARXIV: 1806.02242
- Innovation and standard development : healthy cooperation or speed race ? Consequences on the standardization approach Mione A., Barraud, J.L., Cutting-Decelle A.F., Research network on innovation (RRI) Congress, Innovation forum VIII, Nîmes, 2018
- Institutional work within SDO : The project leaders’ actions for RFID standardization Mione A., Cutting-Decelle, A.F., Barraud, J.L., EURAS Annual Standardization Conference “Co-opetition and open innovation”, i n Proceedings, K Jakobs, A Mione, AF Cutting-Decelle, S Mignon Eds, 2016
- Standard semantic models to support the configuration of global production networks Palmer, C., Cid, U. F. S., Cutting-Decelle, A. F., Urwin, E. N., Pinazo-Sánchez, U. J. M., Young, R., … & Pajkovska-Goceva, S., In: M. Zelm (eds.): Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Enterprise Interoperability, Nîmes, France, 27-05-2015, published at http://ceur-ws.org, CEUR Vol-1414, 2015
- FP7-2013-NMP-ICT-FOF (RTD) FLEXINET Project 608627, Standardisation Plan, Deliverable D8.4, A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE, R.I. YO UNG, 2014 (public)
- FP7-2013-NMP-ICT-FOF (RTD) FLEXINET Project 608627, Standardisation Report, Deliverable D8.9, A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE, R.I. YOUNG, 2016 (public)
- 3D City Models and urban information: current issues and perspectives R. Billen, A.F. Cutting-Decelle, O. Marina, J.P. de Almeida, M. Caglioni, G. Falquet, T. Leduc, C. Métral et al., EDPscience s, DOI : 10.1051/TU0801/201400001, 2014
- A Common Vocabulary to Express Standardization Features A.F. Cutting-Decelle, G. I. Magnan, C. Mouton, and R. I. M. Young, in Enterprise Interoperability: Interoperability for Agi lity, Resilience and Plasticity of Collaborations (I-ESA 14 Proceedings) (2015): 301, ISTE, Wiley, ISBN 978 1 84821 799 7
- Challenges of semantic 3D city models : a contribution of the COST Research Action TU0801 R. Billen, A.F. Cutting-Decelle, C. Métral, G. Falquet, S. Zlatanova and O. Marina, International Journal of 3-D Information Modeling (IJ3DIM), IGI Global, accepted, on-going (2015)
- Reference ontologies for global production networks E.N. URWIN, C. PALMER, A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE, F. SANCHEZ CID, J.M. PINAZO-SÁNCHEZ, S. PAJKOVSKA-GOCEVA, R.I.M. YOUNG, KMIS 20 14 Conference, Rome, 133-139, Oct 2014
- Standardised semantic models to support the configuration of global production networks C. PALMER, E. N. URWIN, E. P. RODRIGUEZ, F. S. CID, J. M. PINAZO-SANCHEZ, S. P. GOCEVA, A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE and B. YOUNG, 6th International IFIP Working Conference on Enterprise Interoperability, IWEI, 2015
- Reference ontologies for manufacturing, R YOUNG, N. HASTILOW, M. IMRAN, N CHUNGOORA, Z USMAN, A-F CUTTING-DECELLE, IWEI 2013 – The international IFIP working confer ence on enterprise interoperability, information, services and processes for the interoperable economy and society, worksho p on standardisation for interoperability in the service-oriented enterprise,ENSCHEDE, March 2013
- Towards the ontology-based consolidation of production-centric standards, N CHUNGOORA, A-F CUTTING-DECELLE, R YOUNG, G. GUNENDRAN, Z USMAN, J HARDING, K CASE, International Journal of Production Re search, 2013, DOI:10.1080/00207543.2011.627885
- A model-driven ontology approach for manufacturing system interoperability and knowledge sharing, N. CHUNGOORA, G.A. GUNENDRAN, R. YOUNG, G. GUNENDRAN, C. PALMER, Z. USMAN, N.A. ANJUM, A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE, J.A. HARDING, K. CASE, Computers in Industry, Elsevier, Volume 64, Issue 8, March 2013, Pages 392-401, ISSN 0166-3615, doi: 10.1016/j.com pind.2013.01.003
- Extending product lifecycle management for manufacturing knowledge sharing, N. CHUNGOORA, G.A. GUNENDRAN, R. YOUNG, Z. USMAN, N.A. ANJUM, C. PALMER, J.A. HARDING, K. CASE AND A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE, Pr oceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 0954405412461741, first pu blished on October 16, 2012, doi:10.1177/0954405412461741
- Production information interoperability over the Internet : a standardised data acquisition tool developed for industrial enterprises, A.F. CUTTING-DECELLE, J.L. BARRAUD, R.I.M. YOUNG, B. VEENENDAAL, Computers in Industry, Volume 63, Issue 8, October 2012, P ages 824-834, ISSN 0166-3615, doi: 10.1016/j.compind.2012.08.010