- 1997-1998 :
Video archival and retrieval, in the context of the ACTS - DVP project.
- 1998-now :
In addition to being involved with the
conducted by the prof Thierry Pun,
I am particularly interested into the following topics:
- Graphical to sound translation, in particular 2D image-to-3D sound conversion;
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI);
- Psychoacoustics, in particular sound localization in a 3D space;
- Software adaptation for blind people, in particular Web browser;
- Search and extraction of text in images.
- 1999-now :
Currently, I'm also involved in the direction of a new project named ABA-2000 whose aim is to:
- Digitalize (in DAISY format) all the books and audio tapes of the Bibliothèque Braille Romande et Livre Parlé de l'Association Suisse pour le Bien des Aveugles et Malvoyants(UCBA);
- Create a multimedia server which will contains all the digitalized books;
- Create a fully accessible web site for blind and visually impaired users which will permit to:
- access the catalog;
- command a book of the catalog which will be sended by the post office;
- in the future, the user will be able to download the digitalized book (in format DAISY) in order to be read by his/her computer.